Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies
Standard and Custom Fiber Optics, Design, Engineering, Prototypes and Manufacturing
Located on the West Coast, our company offers Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies in both standard and custom configurations, including custom lengths, custom connectors, fiber optic harnesses, indoor fiber, outdoor fiber, outside plant, backbone, etc. With full in house capabilities for fiber optic cable design, fiber optic cable engineering, fiber optic cable prototypes and fiber optic cable manufacturing services, we can be your supplier of choice.
Lorom West provides high performance singlemode (9/125um) & multi mode (62.5/125um or 50/125um) fiber optic cable assemblies, available with various connector styles. Multi-mode connectors have the PC (physical contact) style polished fiber while the single-mode connectors are available with the APC (angled physical contact) or UPC (ultra physical contact) style polished fiber.
Contact us today for fiber optic cable assemblies:
- Fiber Optic Patch Cords - SC, ST, Multimode, Singlemode, etc.
- Fiber Optic Patch Panels -
- Passive Fiber Optic Components - Single Fiber Collimators, Fiber Optical Attenuators, Single Mode Dual-Window Coupler, Variable Optical Fiber Attenuators
- Active Fiber Optic Components - Fiber Converters, Optical Fiber Transmitters, Optical Fiber Transceivers
Copper vs. Fiber Optic Cabling
- Fiber optic cables eliminate issues related to EMI and RFI emissions and noise susceptibility
- Eliminates restrictions that limit copper cable performance including capacitance and crosstalk
- Data transfer rates of 100 Gbps and higher are attainable with current technology
- A large selection of fiber connectors and fiber cable styles are available to meet even the most challenging of applications
- Enable implementation of new standards such as Infiniband using multi-fiber connectors (MPO)
- Multi-mode fiber assemblies are ideal for base band short distance connectivity, while single-mode fiber assemblies provide long distance broadband capabilities
Fiber Optic Cable Applications
- Networks and digital base band communications
- Communications broad band carriers
- High Speed medical and industrial equipment